This summer Scarlet Opus presented a selection of trends specifically for stationery design at the London Stationery Show. For those of you who didn’t manage to attend, we’ve put together a Scarlet Opus Edit of 2 trends for Spring/Summer 2017 which you can read below.
Or you can opt to Buy the full report NOW! It’s Incredible value for money, great ideas and inspiration for stationery designers and /manufacturers, whilst also being superb stock purchase & merchandising guidance for retailers.
Trend 1 – Analogue Workshop Inspired by a trend that seeks beauty in the ordinary. Analogue Workshop is designed to counteract the constantly connected ever updating and accelerating pace of modern life. We reach out for what is grounded, offering liberation from the digital world with a renewed appreciation of what is analogue, low-tech and every day.
Materials include leather, concrete, maple woods, cork and …..
1. Of Instruments and Archetypes by Unfold 2. Sassy Stitches by Lori on Etsy 3. Alfamarama on Etsy 4. The Designer Medium Notebook – Indigo Denim by Emgie Libris on Scoutmob Shoppe 5. Y Studio Mechanical Pencils & Pens 6. Mechanical writing tools by Giulio Iacchetti 7. Grovemade 8. Homework Pencil Box by Present & Correct
Styling and Merchandising
A craft workshop…
- Use peg boards to create an organised display of tools (stationery)
- High top tables encourage interaction and collaboration
- Leather belts can be used to hang ………….. in the window
- Include bold geometric shapes on …..
- Be inspired by mathematical instruments and …
Trend 2 – Tribe
This trend relates to an emerging new attitude amongst women across many cultures. It promotes empowerment and independence. Women around the world are better educated, stronger and in control.
1. Decorative Matchboxes by BelloPop 2. Archer Pushpins at Urban Outfitters 3. Notebooks by Sasha Kretova 4. Patterned cards by Sanna Annukka 5. Sacai collection for Nike 6. Woven paper “sketches” from textile designers Helle Gråbæk and Maria Kirk Mikkelsen 7. Aztec prints Styling by Jessica Hanson, photography by Craig Wall
Styling and Merchandising
How can you create this trend’s look in your stores?
- Woven baskets for display give a sense of authentic craft.
- Display units that have a teepee shape to them.
- Include textiles to add tactile qualities; bringing colour and pattern to displays.
- Painted driftwood and global fusions of sounds, smells and visuals.
Download this inspiring report in full now and make sure that you’re 2017 Stationery product offer is exactly what consumers will be looking for……
To access all trend information… download our 2017 Stationery Design Trend Report. This 60 page download is bursting with inspirational trend information; it includes 1 Christmas 2016-17 Trend Direction and 4 Spring/Summer 2017 Trend Stories with translation into stationery. You will discover what is driving these trends and understand which materials, patterns and colours will be specific to stationery design. Gaining specific product design inspiration and guidance. It’s a ‘must have’ for designers, manufacturers, retailers and stationery addicts! ALSO included: 5 essential referenced colour palettes and many visual merchandising ideas.